Economic features and Investment Potential
Potential and Advantages of Commercial Section
According to 1395 (2016) export statistics, exports from Yazd Customs with regard to volume were 1841 thousand tons and with regard to value was 467 million dollars
The most important export goods are: tile, nylon, pistachios and pistachio kernel, building glass and fittings. The most important target countries for export are: Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Netherlands, India, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Oman and Kazakhstan.
The most important capabilities and benefits of the commercial sector are the following:
- 2-fold increase in exports of the province relative to the average growth of the country over the past 13 years.
- 98% share of non-oil exports
- Being located in the center of the country and vicinity to goods transit route (North-South and East-West corridors) and special position of its roads and railways
- Numerous industries and mines able to produce exportable goods
- The great project of dry harbor which is under construction
- Long-standing experience of the province in trading and national and international operations in this regard
- Historical background of the province in textile, handmade carpets, handicrafts, pottery and jewelry, and etc. exports
- High potential of the province in producing and exporting dried nuts & fruits and agricultural products
- Developed technical infrastructures and high potential of human force in the province (extensive network of optical fiber, high penetration coefficient of telephone and internet, large number of computer science and engineering graduates, and etc.)