Economic features and Investment Potential
Agriculture, Gardening, Livestock and Poultry and Aquatic Animals
Yazd province has a planting level of 128,790 hectares of which 39% are agricultural lands and 61% are gardens. Tendency towards developing greenhouse cultivations is one of the remarkable points in developing agriculture section in recent years and is the source of farmers’ pride.
Diligent exploiters in Yazd breed 3,738,000 livestock units resulting in 252,910 tons of livestock products. At present, the province has the monopoly on quail breeding and the tendencies towards producing and breeding ostrich, partridge, and even peasant are increasing. Besides, horse breeding especially noble horse breeding has been booming in recent years.
- Ranked first in the production of madder in the country
- Ranked first in the quail and partridge meat production
- Ranked third in the greenhouse productions in the country
- Ranked second in the production of pistachio in the country
- Ranked third in the production of saffron in the country
- Ranked fourth in the production of pomegranate in the country